I think I’m finished with this one. I might fiddle with it a bit more but it’s 95% there.
Here’s a bit of retrospective on the progress on this drawing:
The original drawing was done in Pen and Ink on Bristol. The leftmost figure I had previously sketched in graphite. I liked it so I decided to include it in this drawing:
|Original figure sketch||Original ink drawing|
I scanned these into the computer and began the coloring process. I started by coloring the leftmost figure:
Things were progressing nicely until I moved on to the rightmost figure. It had never felt “right” to me but I’d hoped that I could fix its issues in the coloring. But as I colored it, I kept not liking it. So I deleted it and decided to rework the drawing. After a while I came up with the figure that is now in the bottom of the image. I inked the new figure and merged the drawings.
|The original ink drawing||The merged drawing in the
midst of the coloring process
I hope all this detail isn’t tedious. This was a fun drawing as I was able to experiment with a different techniques that I haven’t tried before. I’m happy with the final result.